Happy Tuesday, Lovelies!
This post is a week overdue, but I really wanted to get these out there to help keep myself accountable. This year I want to have a goal for every aspect of my health – physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. In 2018, I was definitely off course in more than one of these categories, and it needs to be corrected. I started to change some habits towards the end of 2018, so now in 2019 I am ready to be the healthiest version of myself.
New Year’s resolutions get a bad rap… I mean, how many of us give up or simply forget after just a few weeks (or after day 1… I’ve been there). This year I want things to be different and already my actions have been different. I’m tired of feeling like I’m not being my best self, so these resolutions are geared toward my personal health! When I’m happy, I can be a better wife and momma. So, here we are with my goals for 2019:
- Physical Health
- Run a Marathon. I have signed up for a marathon with Logan which is on June 1st! We have both started our training plans, and we have been running (almost) daily! We signed up with other family members, so we are 100% accountable to this goal. I hope that after the marathon is over we have developed a habit if running and healthy living that it will continue throughout the year! Who knows, maybe we’ll sign up for another marathon toward the end of the year, too.
- Less Sugar. Many of you know this, but during December I went the entire month without any added sugar or sweetener, and I felt amazing! I want to continue doing this, but a little less extreme. I don’t want to gravitate towards the chocolate chips or unhealthy foods. Honey, Maple Syrup (Organic), and other natural sweeteners are okay, but I want to cut out the junk! There is simply no need for it, and it makes me feel guilty.
- Mental Health:
- Frequent Yoga or Meditation. I love yoga, and I love mindfulness. Sometimes after a long day of having Lennon attached to my hip I NEED some me time to decompress and feel like myself again. I want to go to yoga once a week, and if for some reason I cannot, I will do mindfulness for 15 minutes.
- Make Music. The last couple of years I have lost sight of what my passion is… which is singing. For Christmas I got myself some recording equipment and this year I will pursue my passion. I will find the time to record songs covers and hopefully write my own. I hope to find a way to incorporate my music into my blog as well.
- Emotional Health
- Talk it Out. I am very bad at telling people what’s going on inside of my head. I am not a confrontational person, so I try to let things go away without addressing them, but it usually bottles up inside of me until I talk it out (I’m talking for years people). This year I want to address things when they happen so I don’t have negative feelings bottled up inside of me.
- Journaling. I love writing out my day, especially when it’s been bad, because it helps me process things that may be difficult to understand in the moment. Often times a problem in your head isn’t really a problem, but you just need to step outside yourself to recognize that. Journaling really helps me step outside myself. Also, it’s good to read back on memories and experiences had. Without a journal, it just becomes lost in our very forgetful minds.
- Spiritual Health
- Personal Study. Logan and I read the scriptures every day together without fail, but I have been lacking in my personal study. My personal study will include the scriptures, general conference talks, or other religious books as I seem fit. I feel like I have missed out on a lot by not having personal study, and this year I aim to correct that. 30 minutes a day will be set aside for personal study.
- Personal Prayer. I already pray often and I try to keep a prayer in my heart all the time, but I want to REALLY want to have in-depth conversations with Heavenly Father. I want to talk through my struggles and my successes. None of this repetitive stuff. I want to strengthen my relationship with God by talking with him in a personal manner.
These are my goals. There are quite a few, and I don’t expect to be perfect, but I’m going to do my very best. This year I really want to change. I don’t want to feel like I’m wasting my time doing meaningless things, or by not doing things I love. I’m sure I’m not the only one! Let me know what some of your goals are for 2019 in the comments! Let’s all strive to be the best version of ourselves.
Cheers to 2019!!!